The ability to power your machine line-up with one engine supplier is truly achieveable with Perkins. We have introduced a platform of 9-18 litre industrial engines that completes our market-leading industrial power range and covers 8.8-597 kW (11.8-800 hp).
This model is a turbocharged, air-to-air chargecooled, 15.2 litre, 6 cylinder product capable of producing 444 kW (595 hp).
The exceptional power density and reliability of these engines make them an ideal choice for applications operating in countries that meet equivalent Stage IIIA/ Tier 3 and China III emissions standards.
To support the demands of your machine installation we offer a choice of engine configurations and options. The robust technology allows you to integrate these engines into your equipment with the minimum of reengineering.
Perkins has developed a reputation for designing and building reliable and durable engines for the most demanding applications. Choosing Perkins as your engine supplier means your development costs can be reduced and your machines are future-proofed to meet anticipated emissions standards.
Designed to meet Stage IIIA and U.S. EPA Tier 3 equivalent emissions standards.
- Number of cylinders : 6 vertical in-line
- Bore and stroke : 137 x 171 mm 5.4 x 6.7 in
- Displacement : 15.2 litres 928 cubic in
- Aspiration : Turbocharged aftercooled
- Cycle : 4 stroke
- Combustion system : Direct injection
- Compression ratio : 18.0:1
- Rotation : Anti-clockwise, viewed on flywheel
- Total lubricating capacity : 38-64 litres 10-16.9 US gal
- Cooling system : Liquid
- World-class manufacturing capability and processes coupled with proven core engine designs assure reliability, quiet operation and many hours of productive life
- Simple and efficient turbocharger provides optimal air management and improved fuel efficiency
Lifetime of low cost
- Fuel consumption optimised to match operating cycles of a wide range of equipment and applications.
- Capability of 500 hour oil change intervals enables low-cost maintenance
Fuel and oil
- Approved for operation on biodiesel* concentrations of up to 20%*
- Exceptional power density enables standardisation across numerous applications. Multiple installation options available to minimize total package size
Local support, global coverage
- Perkins recognise that the customer relationship is important to machine manufacturers and we can offer a range of flexible solutions to help provide appropriate support, either to the OEM’s network or directly to the machine customer
- With highly trained Perkins distributors in thousands of communities in over 180 countries, you are never far away from expert product knowledge, genuine parts and a range of advanced diagnostic technology for keeping your engine in peak condition
- Turbocharged aftercooled
- Full electronic control system with all system functions controlled from a single, engine-mounted electronic control module (ECM)
- All connectors and wiring looms waterproof and designed to withstand harsh off-highway environments
- Flexible and configurable software features and well supported SAE J1939 CAN bus enables highly integrated machines
- Vertical outlet thermostat housing, centifugal water pump
- Detailed guidance on cooling system design and validation available to ensure machine reliability
Flywheel and housing
- Wide choice of drivetrain interfaces, SAE1 configurations
Fuel and fuel system
- Mechanical Unit Injector fuel system, controlled electronically
- Choice of sumps for different applications
- Open crankcase ventilation (OCV) system with fumes disposal (optional OCV filter system)
- Oil cooler, oil filler, oil filter, oil dipstick, oil pump (gear-driven)
- Available SAE No. 1 flywheel housings with rear power take-off (PTO) drive options for SAE B, SAE C or combination.
- Engine power can also be taken from the front of the engine on some applications