The Perkins® 1706D-E93TA is a 6 cylinder, 9.3 litre engine that
produces up to 310 kW (416 hp) of power and 1810 Nm (1335 lb-ft) of torque out of a compact, lightweight package.
The 1706D model is a platform extension of the 1706J for highly regulated countries (HRC) and meets China Nonroad Stage III, Brazil MAR-1 and UN R96 Stage IIIA emission standards and UN R120 performance standard for measurement of net power and specific fuel consumption. The 1706D has a common core engine, high pressure common rail fuel system, similar machine interfaces and controls architecture. This simplifies the decision-making process for global customers by allowing them to standardise their worldwide product offering and reap the benefits of common installation, maintenance and service requirements from a single supplier solution.
The 1706D offers outstanding power density up to 33 kW/L (44 hp/L) that allows OEMs to downsize their engine platform without sacrificing performance or reliability. It is designed to allow simple, low-cost installations with a full range of configurable attachment option including installed radiators from the factory. End users will enjoy a low cost of ownership from low fuel consumption.
Typical applications for the Perkins 1706D include air compressors, hydraulic excavators, ag tractors/harvesters, pumps and rock crushers/ screeners.
- Number of cylinders : 6 vertical in-line
- Bore and stroke : 115 x 149 mm 4.5 x 5.8 in
- Displacement : 9.3 litres 567.5 cubic in
- Aspiration : Turbocharged aftercooled
- Cycle : 4 stroke
- Combustion system : Direct injection
- Compression ratio : 16.5:1
- Rotation : Anti-clockwise, viewed on flywheel
- Total lubricating capacity : 30 litres 7.9 US gal
- Cooling system : Liquid
- Total coolant capacity : 22 litres 5.8 US gal
- World-class manufacturing capability and processes coupled with proven core engine designs assure reliability, quiet operation and many hours of productive life
- High power and torque density, providing the opportunity to downsize in engine displacement without sacrificing performance or reliability
Lifetime of low cost
- Fuel consumption optimised to match operating cycles of a wide range of equipment and applications
Ease of installation
- Fully configurable engine options and industrial open power unit (IOPU) available from factory to avoid significant design, validation and manufacturing costs
- The 1706D offers platform commonality with the 1706J for highly regulated countries to reduce cost of installation and support a global customer base by sharing a common core engine and offering similar machine interfaces and controls architecture.
Local support, global coverage
- Perkins recognise that the customer relationship is important to machine manufacturers and we can offer a range of flexible solutions to help provide appropriate support, either to the OEM’s network or directly to the machine customer
- With highly trained Perkins distributors in thousands of communities in over 180 countries, you are never far away from expert product knowledge, genuine parts and a range of advanced diagnostic technology for keeping your engine in peak condition
- Turbocharged aftercooled
- Full electronic control system with all system functions controlled from a single, engine-mounted electronic control module (ECM)
- All connectors and wiring looms waterproof and designed to withstand harsh off-highway environments
- Flexible and configurable software features and well supported SAE J1939 CAN bus enables highly integrated machines
- Vertical outlet thermostat housing, centifugal water pump
- Detailed guidance on cooling system design and validation available to ensure machine reliability
Flywheel and housing
- Wide choice of drivetrain interfaces, SAE2 and SAE1 configurations
Fuel and fuel system
- High Pressure Common rail fuel system
- Choice of sumps for different applications
- Open crankcase ventilation (OCV) system with fumes disposal (optional OCV filter system)
- Oil cooler, oil filler, oil filter, oil dipstick, oil pump (gear-driven)
- Available SAE No. 1 flywheel housings with rear power take-off (PTO) drive options for SAE B, SAE C or combination.
- Engine power can also be taken from the front of the engine on some applications